Drains are a crucial part of every home as they are a vital part of keeping your house sanitary and efficient. But people don’t typically give too much thought to their drains until one of them clogs. If a drain backs up, it can cause more than a headache; clogged drains can cause foul odors, unsanitary conditions, and eventually damage to your home if they are not quickly remedied.
The experienced plumbers at Before & After Plumbing and Drain, LLC are happy to help with any of your plumbing and drain needs. Our seasoned plumbers are skilled in fixing a wide variety of drain issues, all at an affordable cost.
Contact us today if you are experiencing trouble with any of the following:
For a limited time, take 10% off your next drain service!
Professional Solutions for Clogged Drains & Sewers
Our company understands how inconvenient a clogged drain can be. Our Sun City plumbers use the latest technology to quickly and efficiently fix your clogged drains and other plumbing problems. Whether you are in need a new drain or are worried about sewer line problems, we are here to help. We are happy to provide you with a quote so that you can have a clear understanding of what needs to take place in order to achieve a long-term solution.
Signs That You Need Professional Drain Cleaning
- Slow drainage: If you notice that your drains seem to be taking longer than usual to clear, this may be a sign that they need professional attention.
- Clogged drains: Clogs can occur due to a buildup of debris or other materials, and can often require specialized equipment and expertise to remove.
- Pooling water: If you notice drips or puddles around your drains, this could be a sign that there is an issue with your plumbing.
- Leaks: Leaking pipes can lead to extensive damage if not addressed promptly, so it's important to get them inspected and repaired as soon as possible.
Have you noticed any of the above signs in your home? Contact our Sun City drain cleaning team today to schedule a drain inspection. Our drain cleaning pros will be able to thoroughly clean or repair your drains if necessary.
Call Before & After Plumbing and Drain, LLC Today
When you need fast, reliable, and professional drain cleaning in Sun City, our plumbers ready to help. Each of our plumbers is fully licensed and trained and can help you get back to a normal life. Our company prides itself on getting the job done right, and minimizing the stress on your end. Let our plumbers take the job and mess off your hands and return comfort to your home.
Call Before & After Plumbing and Drain at (623) 335-0000 for all of your Sun City drain cleaning & repair needs!
Is Drain Cleaner Bad for Pipes?
Drain cleaners can potentially be harmful to pipes, especially if they are used incorrectly or excessively. Here's why:
- Corrosion: Many drain cleaners contain strong chemicals that are meant to dissolve clogs. While they can break down clogs, they can also corrode and damage pipes over time. This is particularly true for older pipes made of materials like metal or older plastic.
- Weakening of Pipes: Harsh chemicals in drain cleaners can weaken the structural integrity of pipes. Over time, this could lead to leaks, cracks, or even burst pipes.
- Septic Systems: If you're on a septic system, certain drain cleaners can disrupt the natural bacterial balance in the septic tank, reducing its effectiveness and potentially causing more significant issues.
- Environmental Impact: Many drain cleaners are not environmentally friendly. Chemicals from these cleaners can end up in the water supply and harm aquatic life.
- Health and Safety Concerns: Some drain cleaners emit fumes that can be harmful to humans if inhaled, and contact with the skin can cause burns or other health issues.
For these reasons, it's generally recommended to use drain cleaners as a last resort and only in situations where milder methods like plunging or using a plumbing snake haven't worked. If you do use a drain cleaner, follow the instructions on the product carefully, and wear appropriate protective gear like gloves and eye protection. If you're unsure, it's a good idea to consult a professional plumber.
Prevention is always better than relying on drain cleaners. Avoid putting items that can cause clogs down your drains, and consider regular maintenance to keep your pipes flowing smoothly. If you're frequently dealing with clogs, it might indicate a larger plumbing issue that should be addressed by a professional.
Why Does My Main Sewer Line Keep Clogging?
If your main sewer line keeps clogging, there could be several underlying reasons. It's important to address these issues promptly to prevent further damage to your plumbing system. Here are some common causes of recurrent main sewer line clogs:
- Tree Roots: Tree roots are a common cause of sewer line clogs. Roots can infiltrate pipes in search of water and nutrients, causing blockages and even pipe damage. Over time, the roots can create a barrier that traps debris and causes repeated clogs.
- Grease and Fat Buildup: Pouring grease, fats, and oils down drains can lead to buildup in the sewer line. These substances solidify as they cool, causing blockages and restricting water flow.
- Foreign Objects: Flushing inappropriate items down the toilet or pouring non-flushable materials down drains can lead to clogs in the main sewer line. Items like sanitary products, wipes, paper towels, and even excessive toilet paper can accumulate and block the pipe.
- Collapsed or Damaged Pipe: Older pipes made of materials like clay or cast iron can deteriorate over time, leading to collapses, cracks, or misaligned joints. This can create areas where debris gets caught, causing repeated clogs.
- Improper Installation or Design: Poorly installed or improperly designed sewer lines can lead to areas of low water flow, where debris accumulates and causes clogs.
- Slope Issues: Sewer lines need to have the correct slope to allow gravity to carry waste and water away. If the slope is incorrect, water and debris can accumulate and cause clogs.
- Mineral Deposits: Over time, minerals in the water can deposit on the inner walls of pipes, reducing the diameter of the pipe and causing clogs.
- Flushing Non-Dissolvable Items: Flushing items like dental floss, cotton balls, or hair can accumulate over time and contribute to clogs.
If you're experiencing recurrent main sewer line clogs, conventional drain cleaning may only be treating the symptoms of the problem rather than the cause. Talk with your plumber to see if a sewer line repair is needed in your situation.
“Our service tech was on time and took enough time to do a very effective, efficient job, much to my satisfaction.” - Scott
10% OFF Any Repair Service
Save 10% on any repair service, valid up to $100. Discount ID: repair10
Free Camera Inspection
With any Main Sewer Line Work. Ground Level Access Required. Discount ID: camera350
10% OFF Any Drain Service
Save 10% on any drain service, valid up to $100. Discount ID: drain10
$20 OFF New Faucet Installation
Save $20 on any faucet installation. Discount ID: faucet20
$20 OFF New Garbage Disposal Installation
Save $20 on a new garbage disposal installation. Discount ID: disposal20
$100 OFF New Water Heater Installation
Save $100 on a new water heater installation. Discount ID: heater100