Surprise, AZ Water Heater Installation & Repair
Available 24/7 for Emergency Water Heater Service
Having the comfort of hot water in your home is a great luxury that many people take for granted. Oftentimes, it isn't until a water heater emergency occurs that people realize how valuable hot water can be. At Before & After Plumbing and Drain, we work to ensure you experience optimal comfort in your home, which is why we stand ready to help you whenever you need us.
At Before & After Plumbing and Drain, our plumbing team can help you obtain the right type of system for your water heating needs or perform necessary repairs on your current water heater. We ensure that every project will be completed with precision and high-quality workmanship while sticking to your budget, your time-frame, and our industry standards.
Call (623) 335-0000 today to schedule a water heater service in Surprise!
Reliable Water Heater Repairs When You Need Them
At Before & After Plumbing and Drain, we realize that not all water heater issues occur during normal business hours, which is why we are proud to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No matter what time of day or night you need a water heater repair in Surprise, we can be there to help!
Common signs your water heater needs repair:
- Cloudy or rust-colored water
- Loud banging noises
- Sudden spike in utility bill
- No hot water
- Noticeable leak from tank
If you notice any of the above, call our team for service. We can quickly determine the root of the problem and provide you with lasting solutions. We'll even offer water heater replacement services, but only if we believe that that is truly the better option.
Water Heater Replacement: Choosing the Right Product
As water heating technology advances, so does our knowledge of available products. We can provide services for tank and tankless water heaters in Surprise and the surrounding areas. You will need to select the appropriate product for your needs and make an informed decision.
What is the difference between tank & tankless water heaters?
- Tank Water Heaters - Tank water heaters generally hold 40 to 50 gallons of water and can heat the water to a preset temperature. Manufacturers of water heaters must install safety switches in order to prevent harmful temperatures.
- Tankless Water Heaters - Tankless water heaters use an on-demand heating system. They can help you save on your gas bill because there is no pilot light that is left constantly running. Tankless water heaters also allow for constant comfort because they do not run out of hot water.
Below we outline the difference between traditional and tankless water heaters based on cost, water heating capacity, life expectancy, utility costs, and aesthetics.
Water Heater Cost
Have you noticed that your hot water flow is getting shorter and shorter every time you use the shower? It is time to ask how much it costs to purchase and install a new hot water heater tank storage unit. Before you call Before & After Plumbing and Drain or run out to a retailer to purchase a new tank there is another question you need to ask. How much will it cost to purchase and install a new tankless water heater compared to a more traditional unit?
Tank vs. Tankless Water Heater Cost
- Tank Water Heater Cost - The price depends on the size and life expectancy of a new tank hot water storage system. A 50-gallon tank with an 8-12 year life is averaging around $2,000 installed by a professional plumber. Shopping around for non-branded equipment may save a few dollars upfront but cost you in performance and reliability. Installing it yourself may also save a few dollars but you are passing on professional installation by a licensed contractor with plenty of experience and education who is familiar with local regulations and codes.
- Tankless Water Heater Cost - A tankless system varies in price based on expected operating capacity, whether the tankless system is gas or electric-powered, the condition of existing gas and electric lines and ease of installation by a professional plumber. For the sake of argument, we're going to say the price is the same as a heated storage tank of equal capacity at $2,000 fully installed. If major structural changes or remodeling are required the price will obviously be more.
Water Heating Capability
So, what makes the two tanks different? The traditional heated water storage tank requires the water to fully heat before use. At an average of 2 gallons per minute and 8-minute average showers, the tank heater will maybe be able to provide 3 hot showers over a half-hour period. This assumes no sink or laundry hot water usage during that period. The tank will continually refill and try to maintain temperature. If you're lucky a family of 5 may be able to shower in an hour, but the last three will probably not experience the water temperature they prefer.
The tankless system in our example is based on the capacity to heat 5 gallons per minute. We have chosen a system equivalent to the tank heater. Water is heated on demand at the pre-selected temperature. 5 people using an average of 2 gallons per minute with 8 minutes per shower should all enjoy properly heated water. As soon as they're done there is no reason not to wash a load of laundry. The water is heated on demand.
Life Expectancy, Utility Costs & Aesthetics
Studies show that tankless heaters do save a small number of heating costs since water is heated on demand and not heated to be stored in a tank that requires constant energy availability to maintain temperature. The life expectancy of the tank is 12 years with maintenance and the tankless model can last up to 20 years with maintenance. Tankless water heaters are sleek and take up far less space if you were going to upgrade today, a tankless water heater is a nice way to go. If you are going to do it right contact a reputable professional plumber like Before & After Plumbing and Drain. Contact us today and have an accredited and highly rated plumber pay you a visit.
Count on Before & After Plumbing and Drain, LLC
When we provide your family with water heater repair or replacement services in Surprise, our goal is to help restore your hot water as soon as possible. Whether your water heater has a leak or you want to upgrade to a tankless water heater, you can rely on the services that we provide.
Simply put, we are in the business of providing lasting plumbing solutions. We stick to our legacy of providing honest and quality plumbing repair and service, and it has led to a strong base of loyal clientele. We know that effective plumbing and water heating is essential to any home, and look forward to working with you to ensure your home's plumbing system is operating in top form.
Call today or contact us online to schedule a water heater replacement in Surprise!
Happy Customer- Scott
Highly Recommend- Katheryn Garshaw
Honest & Reliable Emergency Service- Elliot J.
Great Experience- Bruce E.
Customer for Life!- Michael B.
$100 Off New Water Heater Installation This coupon not valid with any other coupon or discount. Not valid for warranty work. Does not include customer provided system. This coupon is only valid on new systems provided by Before & After Plumbing.Valid from Dec 4, 2017 - Dec 4, 2025