Water Heater Repair & Replacement in Surprise, AZ
Fast, 24-Hour Water Heater Services in Maricopa County
Having the comfort of hot water in your home is a great luxury that many people take for granted. Often, it isn't until a water heater emergency occurs that people realize how valuable hot water can be. At Before & After Plumbing and Drain, LLC, we work to ensure you experience optimal comfort in your home, which is why we stand ready to help you whenever you need us. Our Surprise plumbing team can help you obtain the correct type of system for your water heating needs or perform necessary repairs on your current water heater.
We ensure that every project will be completed with precision and high-quality workmanship while sticking to your budget, your time frame, and our industry standards.
Who to Call for Water Heater Repair
If your water heater needs repair, calling an experienced and reliable service technician is the best way to go. Having a water heater break down can create costly damage throughout your home and plumbing system, which is why it’s important you have a trained professional looking into the problem. A plumber will have the skills, training, and knowledge necessary to inspect your water heater, checking the various components, to identify the specific source of the problem and necessary repair. This will help get your hot water back up and running faster, and in a more cost-effective way, than a DIY repair.
If You Are Experiencing Any of the Following, It’s Best to Call for a Water Heater Repair:
- Your water temperature is consistently fluctuating
- Your water heater is noisier than usual when running
- Your water pressure has decreased
- Your water is only lukewarm, even when on the hottest setting
- Your home runs out of hot water too quickly
- Your water has developed an odd odor
If you notice any of the above, call our Surprise water heater repair team for service. We can quickly determine the root of the problem and provide you with lasting solutions. We'll even offer water heater replacement services, but only if we believe that is the best option.
Is It Better to Repair or Replace a Water Heater?
Making the decision between repairing or replacing a water heater will really depend on the condition of your water heater and the problem it’s experiencing. For example, if your water heater is newer and the problem can be easily fixed, then repair is typically the best option. However, if repair costs already seem too high, or if the water heater is more than 10 years old or malfunctioning regularly, then replacement might be the better solution. In order to determine which option is best, we recommend consulting with our Surprise water heater pros who can evaluate your system and advise you on whether repair or replacement is needed.
Signs You Need a New Water Heater:
- Cloudy or rust-colored water
- Sudden spike in utility bill
- No hot water
- Noticeable leak from tank
- The tank has corroded
- System struggles to power on
If you notice any of the above issues, you most likely are in need of a new system. Replacing your outdated model could offer both cost savings from energy-efficient models and peace of mind by avoiding expensive repairs.
What is the Difference Between a Tank & Tankless Water Heater?
As water heating technology advances, so does our knowledge of available products. We can provide services for tank and tankless water heaters in Surprise, Glendale, Sun City, and the surrounding areas. You will need to select the appropriate product for your needs and make an informed decision.
Types of Water Heaters:
- Tank Water Heaters - Tank water heaters generally hold 40 to 50 gallons of water and can heat the water to a preset temperature. Manufacturers of water heaters must install safety switches in order to prevent harmful temperatures.
- Tankless Water Heaters - Tankless water heaters use an on-demand heating system. They can help you save on your gas bill because there is no pilot light that is left constantly running. Tankless water heaters also allow for constant comfort because they do not run out of hot water.
Does your water heater need to be repaired or replaced? Our experienced technicians offer fast and 24-hour water heater services throughout Surprise and the greater Phoenix area. Contact us online to get started!
How Much Does a New Water Heater Cost?
Have you noticed that your hot water flow is getting shorter and shorter every time you use the shower? It is time to ask how much it costs to purchase and install a new hot water heater tank storage unit. However, before you call the Surprise water heater replacement team at Before & After Plumbing and Drain or run out to a retailer to buy a new tank, there is another question you need to ask. How much will it cost to purchase and install a new tankless water heater than a more traditional unit?
Tank vs. Tankless Water Heater Cost
- Tank Water Heater Cost - The price depends on the size and life expectancy of a new tank hot water storage system. A 50-gallon tank with an 8-12 year life is averaging around $2,000 installed by a professional plumber. Shopping for non-branded equipment may save a few dollars upfront but cost you performance and reliability. Installing it yourself may also save a few dollars, but you are passing on professional installation by a licensed contractor with plenty of experience and education familiar with local regulations and codes.
- Tankless Water Heater Cost - A tankless system varies in price based on expected operating capacity, whether the tankless system is gas or electric-powered, the condition of existing gas and electric lines, and ease of installation by a professional plumber. For the argument, we're going to say the price is the same as a heated storage tank of equal capacity at $2,000 fully installed. If significant structural changes or remodeling are required, the price will be more.
Water Heating Capability
So, what makes the two tanks different? The traditional heated water storage tank requires the water to heat before use. At an average of 2 gallons per minute and 8-minute average showers, the tank heater will maybe be able to provide three hot showers over a half-hour period. This assumes no sink or laundry hot water usage during that period. The tank will continually refill and try to maintain temperature. If you're lucky, a family of 5 may be able to shower in an hour, but the last three will probably not experience the water temperature they prefer.
The tankless system in our example is based on the capacity to heat 5 gallons per minute. We have chosen a system equivalent to the tank heater. Water is heated on demand at the pre-selected temperature. Five people using an average of 2 gallons per minute with 8 minutes per shower should all enjoy appropriately heated water. As soon as they're done, there is no reason not to wash a load of laundry. The water is heated on demand.
How Long Should a Water Heater Last?
The tank's life expectancy is 12 years with maintenance, and the tankless model can last up to 20 years with maintenance. The quality of water in your area can also impact this lifespan. For example, if your Surprise home suffers from hard water, more sediment can build up within the tank leading to a decrease in efficiency and more wear-and-tear on the unit, which can then impact how long the system is able to last. Additional factors, such as how much hot water your home requires and how frequently it is used, as well as how the system was initially installed, can also affect how long your hot water heater is able to last. To find out more, contact us today and have an accredited and highly rated plumber from our team visit you.
Count on Before & After Plumbing and Drain, LLC
At Before & After Plumbing and Drain, we realize that not all water heater issues occur during regular business hours, which is why we are proud to be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. No matter what time of day or night you need a water heater repair in Surprise, we can be there to help! Whether your water heater has a leak or you want to upgrade to a tankless water heater, you can rely on our services.
Simply put, we are in the business of providing lasting plumbing solutions. We stick to our legacy of providing honest and quality plumbing repair and service, and it has led to a strong base of loyal clientele. We know that effective plumbing and water heating are essential to any home, and we look forward to working with you to ensure your home's plumbing system is operating in top form.
Contact Before & After Plumbing and Drain, LLC today to schedule service! We offer 24-hour water heater repair in Surprise, AZ!
“Our service tech was on time and took enough time to do a very effective, efficient job, much to my satisfaction.” - Scott
10% OFF Any Repair Service
Save 10% on any repair service, valid up to $100. Discount ID: repair10
Free Camera Inspection
With any Main Sewer Line Work. Ground Level Access Required. Discount ID: camera350
10% OFF Any Drain Service
Save 10% on any drain service, valid up to $100. Discount ID: drain10
$20 OFF New Faucet Installation
Save $20 on any faucet installation. Discount ID: faucet20
$20 OFF New Garbage Disposal Installation
Save $20 on a new garbage disposal installation. Discount ID: disposal20
$100 OFF New Water Heater Installation
Save $100 on a new water heater installation. Discount ID: heater100